Manual Handling Awareness
To equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to be able to carry out manual handling safely and without risk of injuring themselves or others.
Course Duration: ½ day
£495 + VAT (max 15 delegates)
Travel and accommodation costs may be charged additionally if the location is outside England or Wales.
- Reasons for managing health and safety – moral, economic and legal
- Health and safety law applicable to manual handling
- How the spine works
- How injuries happen
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Control measures
- Safe lifting technique (including practical element)
Any staff required to conduct manual handling activities in the workplace.
Certification: Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of assessment.
Location: The course is normally held on client's premises, and delivered specifically for their employees. If required, the course can be held on Holland HSC's premises (at extra cost).
How to book your place
To register for this course, please complete the course application form on this page. Please enter the candidate’s contact information, or the lead contact’s information if you wish to reserve multiple places.
We will contact you to take a deposit payment and confirm your place(s) on the course.
- We run multiple courses throughout the year, and the next course dates and locations can be seen above
- In-house courses are also available, with training taking place at your location. Please contact us to discuss
- Candidates’ places on a course are not confirmed until a deposit payment has been received