Manual Handling - Instructors & Assessors
To equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to be able to instruct other staff in safe manual handling technique, and to carry out manual handling risk assessments effectively.
Course Duration: 2 days
£895 + VAT (max 15 delegates)
Travel and accommodation costs may be charged additionally if the location is outside England or Wales.
- The reasons for managing health & safety – moral, economic and legal
- Legal requirements relating to manual handling
- Accident causation
- Risk assessment
- Common manual handling injuries
- Anatomy of the spine
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Manual handling control measures
- Safe lifting technique
- communication and training skills
Designed for those currently or planning to be in a training role, to enable them to teach others in manual handling.
Certification: Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of assessment.
Location: The course is normally held on client's premises, and delivered specifically for their employees. If required, the course can be held on Holland HSC's premises (at extra cost).
How to book your place
To register for this course, please complete the course application form on this page. Please enter the candidate’s contact information, or the lead contact’s information if you wish to reserve multiple places.
We will contact you to take a deposit payment and confirm your place(s) on the course.
- We run multiple courses throughout the year, and the next course dates and locations can be seen above
- In-house courses are also available, with training taking place at your location. Please contact us to discuss
- Candidates’ places on a course are not confirmed until a deposit payment has been received